Fruit Mince Tarts
These little fruit mince tarts are delightfully yummy, and make great home-made Christmas gifts (if you can bring yourself to share them!) Makes 24
1 quantity shortcrust pastry milk, for brushing icing sugar, to dust
fruit mince filling:
½ cup grated Granny Smith apple
¼ cup currants
¼ cup slivered almonds
¼ cup chopped pitted dates
¼ cup dried sweetened cranberries
25g butter, melted
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup orange juice
1. To make the fruit mince filling, place apple, currants, almonds, dates, cranberries, butter, sugar and orange juice in a bowl, mix well, cover and soak for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 160°C (320° F). Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until 3mm thick. Use a 6.5cm round cookie cutter to cut out 24 rounds.
3. Line 24 x 1½ tablespoon capacity (30ml) lightly greased mini-muffin tins with the rounds and spoon in the filling.
4. Re-roll pastry scraps to 3mm thick and use a small star cookie cutter to cut out 24 stars.
5. Brush tops with milk and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
6. Cool on wire racks and dust with icing sugar to serve.
Recipe thanks to http:// www.donnahay.com